Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 6...

Harward is the only dedicated one this week to get her blog assignment done so she says...

Econ 110


Part of my college time and tuition went toward earning a minor in Business Management. One of the joys that came with it was Econ 110, the only D I received in between Kindergarten and receiving my B.S. And truth be told, I was quite proud of that D. I was excited this week when I realized my tuition and education weren’t in vain. Some of those principles learned have stuck, despite the grade, and I have seen them while training for the half marathon. The spotlight of the week, life is full of inverse relationships, as one thing increases another will decrease.


I have always admired those with nicely shaped calf muscles—not in a creeper, stalkerish way, but more of a hey! good for you kinda way. As the running continues my calf muscles are becoming bigger, stronger, and more defined. But I noticed this week as the calf muscles are increasing, the chest area is decreasing.


Of the many traits passed on to me in the gene pool, being well endowed was not one I ended up with. In a family of 6 kids, somehow I fell 2nd to last—squashed between the 2 boys, after the 13 year old, but just ahead of the 20 year old (thanks Stretch!). This training is not moving me up on that ladder in the near future; in fact may take up last place before long. Please note this is just an observation, not a complaint. I (and mi familia and amigos) have actually always found it a little comical.


It was always the application aspect I struggle with in Econ, thank goodness I have running to help me finally solidify those principles. I am proof that Ds get degrees and apparently thanks to heredity and running, it looks like that’s the only D I’ll ever achieve.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, you made me laugh! I remember a relief society dinner I had almost 3 years ago and we were all talking about how childbirth and nursing changed/didn't change our cleavage (or lack thereof). Most of us, including myself, have little or none in the way of curves. We were talking of how we loved having cleavage when pregnant and nursing, but then, sadly, that basically disappears when done nursing. I think I might be smaller than before now! :( Oh well. At least I have about a year and half to enjoy having a fuller figure.

    ReplyDelete