Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 5 and separated!

SPITZ SAYS...
Separation has been the theme for this week. First I was separated from my running buddies, and at the end of the week I was separated from the niece that didn't come.


I had a great time in Minnesota, even though my new niece, Brynnlee Marie Spanier waited to be born til I left. She was born November 1st at 12:30pm. She was 7lbs, 7 ounces, and 19.5 inches long. Anyway, while I was in Minnesota I was able to help my parents move to my grandmas and my sister and brother-in-law move into my parents house. I did make the time to get my 3-mile run in and my 7-mile run in. I took some pictures of my yard to show you the beautiful place I got to run in.







BEAS SAYS...

Week 5, hmmmm… Well, this would definitely be one of the hardest weeks so far. The 7 mile run totally kicked my trash. But I did make it through. I woke up the day after and could not move. I really miss those 2 mile runs. No longer will we see those. I am building muscles! My calves are looking awesome. Still short and chubby but now has some muscle curve!! Whoot! Whoot! On to week 6.


HARWARD SAYS...

Dear Universe,


Major milestone for us this week. Not only have we been running for a month (wahoo) we also ran just over half of a half marathon this week (double wahoo). If the math’s a little rough on that one, 7 miles was the long run. Strangly, my body reacted better to the 7 mile run than the 5 milers… weirdy I know.

Lesson learned this week:


1- Running in 54 degree weather is a lot easier than 38 degree.

2- Some run days are just crap. Usually I can tell within 2 mins what type of run going to be.

3- Running totally justifies my addiction to bread. Carbing up is by far my favorite part of training.


Kudos to Spitz for running on vaca in Minnesota, the 3 feet of snow didn’t slow her time down at all (I really don’t know if it snowed, but tis quite possible). And to Beas for running 7 miles on a treadmill, it takes a lot of determination to run towards a TV for an hour but never reaching it.


1 month down, dos mas to go mi amigos! (Ok really its dos and ½). Until next week….


The Sistas of Winter Will Not Suck


No comments:

Post a Comment